Wine shipping laws in the United States are very complicated and unique to each and every state. If your state is not listed in the drop-down menu above, it means that our winery is unable to ship to you. However, these laws do change, so check back often and let us know you are interested in our wine! We would LOVE to ship our wine to you in the future.
Watermill Winery Buyer’s Guide FAQ
We’re dedicated to providing you with extraordinary customer service and are here to answer any questions you may have.
To that end, we’ve created this list of frequently asked questions.
Need more help? Please fill out our contact form.
- How can I reach customer service?
- Is this a secure site?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Do you charge sales tax?
- Can you ship to my location?
- Can you ship to a P.O. box?
- Must I be present to sign for the delivery of my wines?
- Does Watermill Winery offer Expedited Shipping?
- How much does shipping cost?
- How do I track my order?
- When will I receive my order?
- Can I cancel my order?
- Whom do I contact if there is a problem with my order?
- What are weather holds and why is my order on hold?
- How long will my order be on hold?
- When do I find out that my order has been placed on a weather hold?
- How much does expedited shipping cost?
- What does the Expedited Shipping Fee cover?
- Can I override a weather hold?
- How can I track the status of an order placed on weather hold?
- Q: How can I reach customer service? Top
- Please complete our contact form and we will reply to your request promptly, typically within 48 hours. If you prefer, you can contact us via phone at (541) 938-5575.
- Q: Is this a secure site? Top
- Our WineStore is a secure site. We respect your privacy and consider security an extremely important issue. We have partnered with AmericanWinery.com to provide you the optimum security in your online purchases. We will never share your personal information with outside parties, our site uses Digicert SSL 256 bit encryption technology and we do not store credit card information on our web server.
- Q: What forms of payment do you accept? Top
- We accept debit and credit cards including VISA, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard.
- Q: Do you charge sales tax? Top
- State sales taxes will vary depending on your billing location.
- Q: Can you ship to my location? Top
- Due to various state laws, our winery is restricted from shipping wine directly to some states.
Please note these laws are changing frequently; so checking back with us for state shipping status is recommended.
We cannot ship outside of the U.S., to U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, or to Military and A.P.O. addresses.
Check out FreeTheGrapes.org to learn more about unfair state shipping regulations and what you can do if your state
doesn’t accept direct shipping from domestic wine producers.
- Q: Can you ship to a P.O. box? Top
- We cannot ship wine to P.O. boxes. An adult, 21 years or older, must be present to sign for each shipment; UPS and FedEx do require proper identification. To avoid unnecessary delays and complications during transit and delivery, we suggest that you use your business address, or make arrangements for an adult to be present at the delivery location.
- Q: Must I be present to sign for the delivery of my wines? Top
- To prevent minors from buying or accepting alcohol purchases, an adult, 21 years or older, must be present to sign for wine shipments; UPS and FedEx do require proper identification. This person may be an adult besides yourself, but they must be 21 or older with an acceptable form of ID present at time of delivery. UPS and FedEx will not deliver to adults who are visibly intoxicated at the time of delivery in accordance with Federal law. To avoid unnecessary delays and complications during transit and delivery, we suggest that you use your business address, or make arrangements for a legal adult to be present at the delivery location. If after several delivery attempts the shipper returns the package to the winery, you will be responsible for the initial shipping fees. Should this occur, we will contact you and you can either cancel the order and receive a refund for your order less the initial shipping fees, or pay for a second shipment. If you have placed an order and are unable to have an adult present at the time of delivery, please contact us right away. In some cases we may be able to change the shipping address if the order is not in the final stages of fulfillment.
- Q: Does Watermill Winery offer Expedited Shipping? Top
- Our winery offers either Standard or Expedited Shipping on all orders placed on the site. Standard Shipping covers ground service by either UPS and FedEx as chosen by our winery at the time of shipment. Expedited Shipping in most cases covers 2-day Air or Overnight Delivery as chosen by our winery at the time of shipment.
- Q: How much does shipping cost? Top
- Our winery has simplified shipping costs for wine buyers by adopting a universal shipping fee schedule.
Shipping Fees are determined as follows:
Standard Shipping1–3 bottles, $15.00
4–6 bottles, $20.00
7–12 bottles, $25.00
Expedited Shipping1–3 bottles, $45.00
4–6 bottles, $55.00
7–12 bottles, $65.00
- Q: How do I track my order? Top
- You can check your order status here. You will also receive email updates when the status of your order changes, including tracking information.
- Q: When will I receive my order? Top
- Unless there is a Weather Hold, we strive to fulfill orders within one week of them being placed. Exact shipping time varies based on your chosen shipping method and location. Click below to see information on shipping by either UPS or FedEx.
- Q: Can I cancel my order? Top
- Our winery will fulfill each order as quickly as possible, usually within two business days. However, if for any reason you need to attempt to cancel your order, please call (541) 938-5575 or complete our contact form with your inquiry as soon as possible. If you refuse a shipment you will be charged initial shipping fees, a restocking fee, and the refund process may take up to three weeks.
- Q: Whom do I contact if there is a problem with my order? Top
- If you experience any problem with your order, please call (541) 938-5575 or complete our contact form with the specific issue. Please include your order number. We will do our best to have an answer or proposed solution to the problem within 1 business day.
- Q: What are weather holds and why is my order on hold? Top
- We are dedicated to providing you with an exceptional shopping and purchasing experience, and make concerted efforts to ensure the integrity of your wine from the our estate or shipping facility to your door. Because extreme temperatures may compromise the integrity of wine, we may elect to place a “weather hold” on any ground shipments during the summer and winter months. If your order has been placed on weather hold, we will hold the shipment until conditions improve and it is safe to ship your wine. We apologize for these necessary but unfortunate delays.
- Q: How long will my order be on hold? Top
- It could take upwards of 90 days for your wine to ship. We recommend upgrading to Expedited Shipping to receive your wine in the most timely fashion.
- Q: When do I find out that my order has been placed on a weather hold? Top
- If any portion of your order is placed on Weather Hold, you will be notified via email right away.
- Q: How much does Expedited Shipping cost? Top
- We have simplified shipping costs for wine buyers by adopting a universal shipping fee schedule.
Expedited Shipping1–3 bottles, $45.00
4–6 bottles, $55.00
7–12 bottles, $65.00
- Q: What does the Expedited Shipping Fee cover? Top
- In most cases, the Expedited Shipping Fee covers 2-day air or Overnight Delivery of your shipment, depending on our winery’s preference with respect to weather and travel distance. Depending on the date and time your order is placed, Expedited Shipments may take up to 7 business days to ship.
- Q: Can I override a weather hold? Top
- In rare circumstances, you may elect to override a weather hold. If you choose to override a Weather Hold, our winery and associated couriers are not responsible for any damage to your wine due to extreme temperatures, and will not replace damaged items at our expense.
- Q: How can I track the status of an order placed on weather hold? Top
- You can monitor the process of your order at any time by logging in to your account and clicking the order number. You can also email your inquiry to us by completing our contact form.